Comment on page
Welcome to Coslend
Coslend lending protocol is the first money market on Evmos Ecosystem based on Compound, one of the largest DeFi protocols. We are aiming to create a safe, open and transparent decentralized financial money market.
The launch of Evmos will open doors for tens of thousands of EVM developers, which will surely enrich the existing ecosystem on Cosmos.
We see potential in Cosmos + EVM compatible framework.
Coslend will connect the Ethereum and Cosmos ecosystem, bringing Evmos a secure and user-friendly application, allowing users to finally make their assets productive through supplying, or achieving leverage through borrowing.
The Cosmos ecosystem has been growing fast, attracting massive new DeFi users to join in.
However, Ethereum still holds the most TVL users and developers in DeFi.
"Evmos is an application-agnostic chain that will be interoperable with the Ethereum mainnet, EVM-compatible environments, and other BFT chains via IBC, making it easy for users and developers to interact seamlessly between chains."
By leveraging their respective strengths, we believe Evmos will have a great future in the DeFi world
Although Aave is an excellent DeFi project and its proposal to deploy on Evmos has passed, we still need Coslend for the following reasons:
- 1.Aave has high requirements for infrastructure and will not be deployed on Evmos in the short term. Aave needs to wait at least 2 months for Evmos to run stably and for Chainlink to be deployed;
- 2.Coslend is an Evmos native project that is loyal to the Cosmos ecosystem and grows with the Evmos ecosystem, with deeper interaction and connection. Coslend actively suggested that the Evmos development team cooperate with oracles such as BAND to accelerate Evmos ecological development;
- 3.In order that the market price of $AAVE will not be affected, Aave needs Evmos community to provide a large amount of $EVMOS with sufficient value as a liquidity incentive, which requires a lot of negotiation and preparation time;
- 4.Coslend can use more flexible and sufficient incentive methods because Coslend has no historical baggage. Coslend is willing to try any methods, no matter a token or NFT, as long as it helps community participation and helps capture the value of the protocol in the long run. If Coslend wins support from the Evmos development team and community, the rewards will also be distributed to our users;
- 5.Due to the careful consideration of network and protocol security, Aave only supports a few mainstream assets in public chains other than Ethereum and does not support long-tail assets.
- 6.After Aave is launched, Coslend will build a long-tail asset lending market similar to Rari Capital, to form a complete Evmos lending ecosystem together with Aave. Isolating the risks between long-tail assets and mainstream assets to ensure the safety of users' mainstream assets.
As the native lending protocol of the Evmos ecosystem, we are more willing to explore and succeed in the following aspects:
- 1.Before Aave goes live, support lending and borrowing of mainstream assets to meet basic needs of Evmos users (the easiest part);
- 2.Learn from Terra and provide the liquidity of staked tokens of $EVMOS, $ATOM and $OSMO to create higher profit for long-term supporters of the Cosmos ecosystem;
- 3.Under the premise of isolating risks, supporting long-tail assets, and maximizing the earnings of collaterals;
- 4.Activate the veToken model to capture maximum value for $CLND holders.